Sunday, May 26, 2013

Why am I starting a blog?

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education"  -Albert Einstein

I am a livelong learner and a high school teacher.  I am not satisfied with education in the United States.  I believe strongly that we are in desperate need of a lot of changes.  We are stuck in the "old model" of school that has been around forever and it is not properly adjusted to today's world.  I want to share two videos that have had a major impact on forming my mindset towards education.  If you have not seen these videos, please watch them, as they are very powerful.  Please feel free to comment with any comments, suggestions, questions, concerns.  Do not stop learning.  There has never been an easier time to learn than now.

This video is by Sir Kenneth Robinson.  It is an RSA Animate based off of his TED Talk.  If you find this interesting, go to YouTube and watch some of his other talks.  They are amazing.

This video is by Daniel Pink.  It is another RSA Animate based off of a TED Talk.  If you like this, I highly suggest the book "Drive" by Daniel Pink (goo.gl/y3ukm) as well as his blog (http://www.danpink.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please engage in the discussion. I would love to hear what you have to say!