Saturday, January 4, 2014

3 Wonderful Things from Twitter Today


Sharing Some Social Media Goodness!




If you are not connected on Social Media, I highly recommend it.  The platform that I have benefited the most from has been Twitter.  Building a strong group of people that you follow is an incredible way to develop professionally.  A couple years ago I felt that I was one person, on an island, trying to come up with innovative ideas for the classroom.  Now, I feel that I have a support group of thousands of passionate educators that share their ideas daily.  Wow!!!  This has been amazing.  I have learned more in the past year on Twitter than I did while earning my Masters' Degree in Education (by far).

I wanted to share a couple posts every once in a while that I think are "must read" links that I received on Twitter.  Today I have three that I want to share:

#1 - This post is only relevant to you if you use Twitter.  If you do not use Twitter, you should.  This is a post that I saw from  David Hochheiser (@DavidHochheiser) about how to use TWEETDECK.   I believe that tools such as TweetDeck are necessary in order to get the full experience from a social media website such as Twitter.  His tutorial with pictures is superb.   http://goo.gl/sIliLw



#2 - This article, tweeted out by Daniel Pink (@DanielPink) is THOUGHT PROVOKING.  I have goose bumps reading this stuff!  Love it!  Check out what Zappos is doing.  In a day and age when almost everyone is afraid to try something wonderfully innovative because it has the potential to fail, this is big time!!!  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-leadership/wp/2014/01/03/zappos-gets-rid-of-all-managers//?print=1




#3 - Last, but definitely not least: This post which was tweeted out by Scott McLeod (@mcleod) - all I can say is AMEN.  I hope people start stepping up SOON.  http://dangerouslyirrelevant.org/2014/01/less-submissiveness-more-voice.html





As long as we are at it, if you have time for a PHENOMENAL 6-minute video....watch this.  If you do not have time for a 6-minute video, you need to loosen up your schedule a little.

Angela Lee Duckworth:  The Key to Success?  Grit.



It is pretty cool if you think education needs to be reformed or transformed.  It is a lot cooler if you start doing something about it RIGHT NOW.  How can I help?

I love education too much to stand outside the ring and let it get knocked out.

Oliver Schinkten
Twitter @schink10
Email:  oschink@gmail.com
Facebook
LinkedIn
Google+ - oliver.schinkten@oshkosh.k12.wi.us
Blogs:  LEARN ON 
http://schinkten.blogspot.com/
COMPASSION BASED LEARNING - http://compassionbasedlearning.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please engage in the discussion. I would love to hear what you have to say!